Thursday 11 November 2010

The Boxer Rebellion...Free ticket for 2, please!



From what was gonna be a quiet night in, turned out to be one of the best nights yet here in Lille. Went for a concert last minute ya'll!!

Had been planning to go see 'em for about 3 or 4 weeks now (since I saw "Going the Distance"). It kinda slipped my mind and after an afternoon nap, it dawned on me that I really needed to go for a concert. My friend, Steph, and I went ticket searching but failed. We decided to go the venue to see if they had extra tickets. Didn't really know where the venue was only to find out it was a freakin boat/submarine/thing...at that moment, we've never wanted to get into a gig that bad. A concert on a boat/submarine/thing? YES PLEASE! To our shock there was a sign that said "Concert Complet" (Eng: Sold Out)...but we didnt give up...we went and bought food and waited for the doors to open.

We saw the band come in and we contemplated trying to get them to get us in...but we didnt go with that plan. Lined up like the other civilians.

At the entrance, we were almost rejected but let's just a little white lie and having English as your mother tongue can help you alot in such situations...We got free entry and tickets to prove it!































The Boxer Rebellion bros played to a small crowd which just made the whole night better..nice and intimate...felt like it was only me and Nathan on a boat together..felt like he was singing to me..





Nathan sang to me the songs from the movie "If You Run" and "Spitting Fire"; he sang to me "We have this place surrounded"; he also sang 2 new songs; some old songs...it was all just fucking perfect.

Met Nathan afterwards. Took some pics with him and the other bros. Got them to sign my boat plastic cup. They are pretty chill dudes...sold their own merch...put away their own equip...i kinda like you Nathan.