Tuesday 14 August 2012

Post-Flow 2012 feelings!

Just as I was hoping last year, Flow Fest this year was definitely another wonderful experience! The same post festival feeling is looming again...not sure what to do with myself after a weekend like that. This post is gonna have to be written descriptions because once again, no photos. I didn't really bother to carry my so called "high def" camera with me and try to get in with it. I just had a feeling my efforts would be futile.

My favorite part of the festival was walking in between the hustle and bustle. Hearing thousand of noises all at once. Heavy bass coming from the Black Tent,some well known artist talking to the crowd on the Main Stage, African instruments drifting from the Wastelands, people talking, laughing, dancing, eating and running to watch the next artist on their agenda and so on and so forth! The perfect festival atmosphere.  Though the festival area was more spaced out, it was still beautifully designed and decorated.

(Not sure if its legal to do this..(is it legal??) Anyway, Image was taken from the Flow Festival Flickr page. Check out more photos here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/flowfestival/tags/2012/page3/ )

Wednesday saw Bon Iver gently captivating his fans in the pre-concert. A great way to get people excited for the weekend. Don't know what else to say except that Bon Iver was amazing!

Friday for me started on a high note (pun or no pun). Went straight to see A$AP Rocky! I went mad! Dancing like an idiot and spitting out the raps like I wrote the lyrics! (Probably pissed off a couple people near me who must have thought I was annoying :D ..) He was perfect! Though I think the sound could have been better..more clear perhaps..(?) After that, I caught Miike Snow on the main stage while getting some more to drink..I had a pretty good view from the bar :) . Left a bit early from Miike Snow's set to go check out Araabmuzik. That was a party and a half going on. Trippin on some heavy bass. And the kid has some mad skills..fast hands on that MPC. My Friday night ended with Caribou & Fourtet DJ Set. That was also a quite special show...special because I remember it but I don't quite remember it :P

Saturday felt quite dazed and short to me. Apart from getting drinks and walking around different parts of the festival area, I only managed to see about 2 shows. Nicholas Jaar was pretty interesting...I had only heard a DJ Set that he did for BBC Radio 1 and maybe one or two songs of his. So it was quite new for me to hear all that he was doing. Right after that Huoratron was killing it on stage with mad electro-bass beats and crazy, blinding lights. I had on this long, 100% wool coat on and being in the middle of the crowd was quite uncomfortable. It took a kind young English man to tell me that I would enjoy myself more if I took off the coat and danced like everyone else. So I did, and he was right! After that I managed to watch the start of Chromatics then headed to Pinch for a better time and for some serious drum and bass!

Sunday was definitely calmer than the previous days. It must have been the hangover, or the feeling that it has come to an end so "must make the most of it". Made it just in time for The War on Drugs. But I was more excited for Bjork! Crazy visuals and amazing live show! I didn't have a good view of the stage but the huge monitors were enough for me. Finished my Flow fest with some good African electro. Danced crazy to Shangaan Electro and left the festival feeling nostalgic, happy and in need of sleep.

Already excited for next year!