Thursday 23 December 2010

Bummin' in Paris

I’m homeless, ya’ll!!

Once again, I embark on a journey…not one of self discovery but one to get my shit together…back to Finland. No idea what my plans for the future are..I don’t even know what my plans for today are because I have been stuck in Paris and ambiguity.

I’ve been trapped at Charles de Gaulle airport area since Sunday afternoon. Missed my flight to Finland due to a fuck-tard of a railway line which took 4 hours to get me to the airport from Lille (a city 1 hour from Paris). Because tears don’t buy you passed the check-in desk, I had to buy another ticket for the next flight, which ended up being on Monday afternoon. I had no choice but to spend the night at the airport…something I never imagined myself doing. Not that I was judging some of the homeless people drunkly and randomly walking around the airport since I am now a homeless bum as well, but I could not help but feel unsafe…ended up pulling an all nighter to guard my shit.

Anyway, Monday afternoon soon approached and at that point I felt inhuman (lack of sleep for over 30hours and feeling icky, dirty and disgusting can do that to someone). Met two friends who were taking the same flight. At that point I was super stoked, since I hadn’t spoken to anyone for awhile…

But just as check-in approached there was a huge red “ Cancelled” right next to the Helsinki flight..pure guttered and pissed I burst out crying and called my dad for some wise words of courage (ended being more like “I don’t understand, could you explain that again”..and, “but I cant do anything from here in Kenya” ). Anyway, this certain airline was clearly screwing with me..and I didn’t appresh. it. I stood in line for about 2 hours trying to get ‘em to give me some sort of compensation……

...got me a changed ticket and full board hotel accommodation for 3 days…wohoo…to make it better the hotel room was on the “executive floor”, huge and had a queen size bed.

Been resting pretty well for the past few days. Met some two bros from Mexico trying to get to Madrid…they were some pretty cool and pretty chill acquaintances (heard their flight was cancelled for like the 4th or 5th time…god speed boys, god speed).

Today I head out to my third attempt in trying to make it to Helsinki. Otherwise, I think I might be sad and alone on Christmas…which would suck bad.

Cross your fingers for me ya’ll..gotta get out of this sich. Feeling kinda lonely and all solo in Paris, ya’ll…