Saturday 13 August 2011

Post- Flow Experience

OMG! Totally forgot that i didnt finish this post...

this is coming a bit, ehhhmm, late due to the recovery process, laziness and my short term memory, but I am still pissed.......my camera was confiscated at the gate by security because apparently it was 'high def' and if i didn't have a Press Pass I couldn't bring it in. That's some bull! Just because its bulky doesn't mean its hd...its a bulky 10.7 megapixel camera...zheesh!! Therefore, I do not have pictures to share...which means I have to describe everything...which means you won't fully grasp the amazingness of the Flow weekend.

I'm depressed ya'll!! Wondering how life's gonna continue without live music in the outdoors? How am I gonna wait till next year? Suffering from PTAFS (post traumatically amazing festival syndrome). Flow Festival was amazing!!! The venue looked amazing!!! People looked amazing!!! If I could have it my way, Flow would be everyday.

Flow rained hipsters that weekend. They were there in great numbers...and i wasn't complaining...there was excellent eye candy everywhere I looked!!

And of course, that's not why I went to Flow in the first place...music was the objective!

I think the main highlights from my Flow experience was watching MF Doom, Hercules and Love Affair, Empire of the Sun, Oni Ahyun (incredible minimal beats in the odd hours of the night...I was in some state) and after Oni Ahyun, I stayed to finish my saturday night (more like sunday morning) with Pantha du Prince. Ah, Mayer Hawthorne!! Its always nice to hear some soulful love songs. Rubik was definitely not a disappointment! I was standing quite in the middle near the front so the sound was amazing and the energy was great...Twin Shadow (George, the love of my life) was amazing! I felt that we definitely connected on a deeper artist-to-fan level..very intimate..i guess. Though I did try to tune out the old lady (ok, well middle aged) who was raping his lyrics and ruining my George experience. And, definitely Kanye West!! He killed it..loved it (except for the random moment when he autotuned "hold somebody you love tonight" way too many times while he was crying and whining about his perfect life). Because of Kanye, I missed most of James Blake's show...however, I did manage to catch my two favorite songs 'Limit To Your Love' and 'The Wilhelm Scream' <3 and James did a great job finish off my Flow experience.

Cant remember enjoying anything else i suppose...

Next year!! I definitely cant wait...I wonder what Flow has up its sleeves. But I am not missing out (knock on wood).

Thank you Flow!